Posted on August 29, 2013 in Announcements
Twang is holding a “Dress Well for ACL Contest” in which all of our Twang fans have the opportunity to show us how they dress for ACL for a chance to win 2 free 3-day passes to weekend 1 of ACL 2013, otherwise known as the Austin City Limits music festival!! This is a sold out event and we want YOU to be there!
Fans will take a photo of themselves in their best costumes for ACL. We want to see how creative you can be with your ACL themed outfits. There is one requirement, a dressed beer (rimmed with Beer Salt) and Beer Salt bottle must be present in the photo. Once you have created your masterpiece, you will first “like” our Facebook page www.facebook.com/beersalt, post your submission onto our wall, with the words “I’m Dressed”, email us your contact information (name, age, phone number and email address) at ILOVETWANG@twang.com and generate “buzz” (get the most likes, comments and shares) around your submission .
At the end of the month long Contest period, Twang will choose 2 lucky winners who will each receive 2 FREE 3-day passes to ACL 2013 (Weekend 1 Oct. 4-6th)! Make sure you take your time and put a lot of thought into this because we are looking for the most creative and unique submissions in the opinion of our judges.
By submitting the photo, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the Official Rules (below), and that you and and all participants in any photo (the “Participants”) are either 21 years of age or older.
1. “Like” our Facebook Page
2. Post your submission
3. Caption it with “I’m Dressed”
4. Generate buzz around your submission…. it will help influence the winning decisions.
5. Email us your contact information: (Name, Age, Phone Number, Email Address) to ILOVETWANG@twang.com
Things to Remember
- Contest starts September 2nd, 2013 and ends September 30th, 2013
- You must be 21 or older to participate
- You must “Like” our Facebook Page
- You must post a photo in your best ACL costume with the caption “I’m Dressed”
- A Twang Beer Salt bottle and a dressed beer must be in the photo submission
- You can only submit one entry per person
- Generate buzz, tell your friends to share/comment on your submission
- Email us your contact information (name, age, phone number, email address) at ILOVETWANG@twang.com
The top 5 submission with the most “buzz” (likes, comments and shares) will be placed in the finals. From the top 5 finalist, Twang representatives will then determine the two winners. We will announce who the winners are on Monday September 30th, 2013, by emailing and calling the winners, and we will also post the winners names and winning entries on our Facebook wall. Each winner will have 24 hours from when we notify you to claim your prize. The prize will be available through pick-up or regular mail.
If you submit your entry past the deadline of September 30th, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. it will not be considered for the prize. Remember that your photos that are posted on our Facebook wall, become property of Twang (subject to the Official Rules below) and will not be returned to you. No nudity, violence or other offensive or derogatory content, nor any depictions of individuals under the age of 21 drinking alcoholic beverages, will be accepted for entry into the contest. Twang is not responsible for lost passes or costs associated with transportation, accommodations, food or drink.
Have fun, be creative and good luck.
*Twang runs contests year-round, giving away great prizes. Be sure to “LIKE” our Facebook page to stay updated.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. Eligibility. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Subject to the additional restrictions, this “Contest” is open to entrants (“Entrants”) who are 21 years or older at the time of entry and who “like” the Twang Facebook Page. Employees of Twang (“Sponsor”), Sponsor’s respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of such employees (spouse, mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. The age of Prize winners will be verified and if a winner cannot prove they are 21 by means of a valid photo ID, they are automatically disqualified and another winner will be selected. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. This Contest is not intended for or targeted toward minors and is not subject to the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Sponsorship. The Contest is sponsored by Twang Partners, LTD. The decisions of Sponsor and contest judges regarding the selection of winner and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Austin City Limits, Austin City Limits Music Festival, and C3 Productions are not a sponsor of or affiliated with this Contest. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used to select a winner for this contest.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 5:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) on September 2nd, 2013 and end at 5:00 p.m. (C.S.T.) on September 30th, 2013.
Internet Entry: Participants must “like” our Facebook page by visiting http://www.facebook.com/beersalt. Participants must post their submission on our page then email us their contact information (name, age phone number and email address) to ILOVETWANG@twang.com . There will be 2 winners. There is a limit of one entry per person. No nudity, violence or other offensive or derogatory content, nor any depictions of individuals under the age of 21 drinking alcoholic beverages, will be accepted for photo entries into the Contest.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Facebook account from which they were posted. For these purposes, an “account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such Facebook account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of a Facebook account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Winner Selection. Two winners will be selected based on the buzz generated around submission and based upon the decisions of the Contest judges. Twang representatives will judge the Contest to determine the best submissions based on popularity and creativity. The eligible photo entries will be judged based on the following criteria: (1) relevance to the Contest criteria as stated above; (2) buzz generated by the entry; and (3) originality and creativity of the entry. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged in accordance with the above criteria. Prior to determining the Prize winner, Entrants may be contacted via e-mail or phone to confirm their eligibility and to complete the Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Public Release Form to be provided by Sponsor.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”). All twp winners will receive two (2) 3-day passes for the 2013 Austin City Limits Music Festival (actual retail value = $370.00) for admission October 4th, October 5th, and October 6th, 2013 (the “Prize”). The Prize is for Austin City Limits Music Festival admission only, and does not cover transportation, accommodations, or food or drink. All terms and conditions associated with the ACL 2013 3-day passes shall apply to the winner’s use of the Prize. The Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. No substitution, sale or transfer/assignment of prize by any winner is permitted. Facebook and Sponsor, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries or agencies are not liable for any losses, injuries, or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance of and/or participation in Prizes, and you specifically release both Facebook and Sponsor from any liability or claim whatsoever related to Sponsor’s promotional Contest.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified through email and by telephone on Monday September 30th, 2013 by 5:00 p.m. (C.S.T.).
Winners will have 24 hours to accept the Prize. Failure to reach a winner may result in disqualification of a winner, forfeiture of his/her interest in the Prize, and the selection of a new winner. Winner may waive their right to receive Prize. In order to receive the Prize, and before a Prize may be picked up in person by a winner or mailed to a winner, the winner must complete the Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Public Release Form to be provided by Sponsor, regardless of method of Prize delivery chosen.
Winners are responsible to notify the Sponsor as to what type of delivery of the Prize they prefer – in person or via regular mail. If no notification of delivery method is received from a winner, that winner’s Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have full custody to award to another Entrant with that Entrant becoming a winner. If mailed, the Sponsor is responsible for the delivery until the package is received by a winner. Package will not be mailed until a signed copy of the Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/ Public Release Form and a photo copy of the winner’s photo ID is received. Once the winner has signed for the package, the Sponsor no longer has responsibility of the package contents. If a winner decides to pick-up the prize, they must come to the Sponsor’s place of business at 6255 W.T. Montgomery Road, San Antonio, TX 78252 to present a signed copy of the Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/ Public Release Form and a photo ID.
Acceptance of any Prize constitutes a winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for promotional purposes, and as otherwise stated in the Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/ Public Release Form.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering by an Entrant’s Internet service provider and/or the Entrant, or for insufficient space in the Entrant’s email or voicemail account to receive the notification. Each winner and all participants in any photo selected for the Prize must complete and return anAffidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity Release Form before a winner may claim the Prize. Noncompliance with this requirement may result in disqualification. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are sole responsibility of winner. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected mail/email or for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor is not responsible for any damage to any Entrant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion.
6. Terms of Photo Submission. By submitting a photo, each Entrant expressly agrees to the following terms. By participating in this Contest, each Entrant and all participants in each photo certifies that each element of the photo is his/her own original work, he/she has not received any professional guidance, no portion of the photo is subject to any collective bargaining agreements (entertainment related or otherwise), that he/she has followed the Official Rules of this Contest, and that he/she agrees to waive all rights, title, interest in submitted material and assigns all rights, title, interest to Sponsor. By entering this Contest, the Entrant and each participant agrees that such photo entry will become the property of Sponsor. Entrant and all participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges which are binding and final on all matters relating to this contest. EACH ENTRANT AND ALL PARTICIPANTS HEREBY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (EACH AN “INDEMNIFIED PARTY”) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DEATH, TO PERSONS, OR PROPERTY ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT AND ALL PARTICIPANTS FURTHER AGREE TO RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LIABILITIES, INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) ARISING OUT OF OR INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY PHOTO SUBMITTED OR TRANSMITTED IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY VIOLATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY’S RIGHTS, ANY VIOLATION OF ANY LAW OR REGULATION, OR ANY BREACH OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THE INDEMNIFIED PARTIES ARE NEGLIGENT IN WHOLE OR IN PART AND EVEN WHEN CAUSED BY THE SOLE FAULT OF ANY INDEMNIFIED PARTY.
Each Entrant and all participants consent to use of their name, likeness, photo, or any other entry material in any manner by Sponsor and/or its promotional partners for advertising and trade in connection with the services of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s promotional partners without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Each Entrant and all participants also understand that Sponsor, and/or Sponsor’s promotional partners may use any information submitted along with the photo for marketing and advertising purposes in connection with the services offered by Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s promotional partners.
Each Entrant and all represents, warrants and agrees that they are the sole creator(s) of the photo (the Entrant both appears in the photo or took the photo themselves) or, if the Entrant and all participants are not the sole creator of the photo, the Entrant and participants have the express permission of any person or participant who appears in the photo and/or helped the Entrant take the still photo and to grant the rights the Entrant is granting herein. By submitting the photo, each Entrant also represents, warrants and agrees that: (i) the Entrant owns or has all necessary licenses, rights, approvals and/or consents necessary to submit the photo on the terms provided; (ii) the photo does not infringe on or violate third-party rights, including, but not limited to: copyrights (including music copyrights); trademarks; right of publicity; or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party; (iii) the photo does not violate the rights of any other person or entity or any law; and (iv) the photo does not show any third-party trademarks, company names or logos, other than the Sponsor’s.
Each Entrant represents warrants and agrees that the photo is an original work, is unpublished and has not been previously submitted to any other contest. Photos must comply with all laws, rules, and regulations including, but not limited to, those concerning copyright, plagiarism, trademark, defamation and invasion of privacy. By submitting the photo, the Entrant agrees that: (i) all photos become the property of Sponsor; (ii) the Entrant irrevocably grants to Sponsor and its affiliates and partners the unconditional and perpetual right to use, store, post, display, publish, transmit, transfer, distribute, adapt, reproduce, create derivative works of, alter and/or edit and publicly perform the photo or any part or element thereof in any way, in any and all media, for any purpose, without limitation and without consideration to the Entrant or any participants; (iii) the Entrant and all participants waive all moral rights in the photo; and (iv) that Sponsor and its licensees, successors and assigns have the right (but not the obligation) to use the photo for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity.
NO ENTRANTS OR PARTICIPANTS WILL BE PAID FOR PHOTO SUBMISSIONS or for granting any of the rights set forth herein. Each Entrant agrees to waive all claims or rights to their photo and shall receive no royalties of any kind now or in the future from Sponsor, or any of their licensees, successors or assigns, and each Entrant represents, warrants and agrees that no other party is entitled to claim royalties from the use of the photo as set forth in these Official Rules.
Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees Sponsor, nor any of their licensees, successors or assigns has now, or shall have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to the photo, and that Sponsor and their licensees, successors or assigns are not responsible for the loss, deletion, failure to store or mis-delivery of any photo submission.
6. Participation. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by Sponsor. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
7. General. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or the like methods of participation will void all such submissions by such methods. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Contest or who acts in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, or to terminate or suspend the Contest in its sole discretion at any time, and in the event of termination, a notice will be posted on the Sponsor’s Facebook page and this blog and all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination will be judged by Sponsor to determine Prize winners. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and these Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Winners assume all liability for any injury, damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of any Prize.